Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The greatest of all is Love

1 Corinthians 13: 4-7
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is no self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, it always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”

It’s that time of year again when everyone wants to talk about love and they think that showing the person they love one day out of the whole year can prove something… Valentines Day- nothing more than a Hallmark Holiday, so why should I care about it? I like the idea behind it, the idea of being able to share a day with the people you love and appreciating every moment of it. The idea of not dealing with life and what is actually going on and just letting it all be put to the side.
I have watched all the Twilight movies and I just finished reading all of the books as well. After reading them it made me fall in love all over again with Edward; it made me envious of the love that Bella and Edward have. I fell in love with characters, but it was something that seemed so mesmerizing. I fell in love with the idea of love… the absolution of one single person, knowing without a doubt that you were both made for each other, wanting someone so much more than you could ever say or show, and never being able to get enough of someone. Is that not something to be envious of? I am so completely happy that the saga ended the way it did and that there was the happily ever after, because I mean really- who wants the never ending after? I know that it was just a fairy tale and that kind of “love” does not really exist in life or does it? While I was reading the book it was hard for me to not want to actually become a vampire, to not actually want to live in this book! I fell madly in love with these people, I fell madly in love with the place they lived, I fell madly in love with love. “No measure of time with you will be long enough… but let’s start with forever.”


The reason why I read books is because it allows me to go to a place in the world where nothing else exists, where nothing else matters- I can decide if I want to be in a sci-fi place, a criminal place, a fairy tale- I get to decide! I have the ability to be alone yet still exist, although most of the time it seems so real that I cannot see the difference. Love is like a fairy tale, they say it only happens once in a while- true love that is- but I know I’ve had more than one true love.

Love is worth every moment.. the feeling of love is worth every moment…
I know that you can have that overwhelming feeling that is more than lust, where you completely and utterly fall weak in the knees because of someone. The butterflies in your stomach curl up around all the way to your heart, the sensation carries throughout all your veins until finally it allows you to take another breath of air, the oxygen you didn’t even realize you’d been deprived of. The touch, so gentle, so soft… it caresses every piece of who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment