Wednesday, May 23, 2012

You Can Be Anything You Want To Be!



I would give anything some days to be three again, but then again I am twenty-five and every once and a while I get to pretend that I am three.
I get to be a ghost hunter squirting all the ghosts, trying to capture them, with my jelly gun. I get to be a construction worker and build houses, fix screens and bikes, and hammer and weld things together. I get to be a dancer and singer and run around the house, but I don’t have to worry about someone not buying my music or dances because the one person who matters doesn’t care how bad I am at singing and dancing. I get to be a patient who is badly injured in need of a doctor who can help. I can always be a Dr.: Dr. Wabob at your service J I can fix anything that you need me to and I assure you that it will turn out okay. I can climb on the playground and swing on the swingset. I can be a scuba diver and go down the water slides and collect all the dive rings at the bottom of the pool. I  can be a chef and whip you up something good with just the bark and leaves from outside.

My son teaches me a lot about myself and all the things I really can do. I hope that I am able to open up his eyes as well when I let him imagination run wild. I watch him with pure fascination because I am amazed at what he is able to make-up and what he is able to remember. He really does make me the best person I can be.
The most important part of getting to be anything I want to be is being able to still be the mom at the end of the day. I can kiss away any boo-boos, I am the exterminator when I have to kill bugs, and I am a storyteller at bedtime. I get the best job of all. No matter where I go in life, I know that I will always be a mom.
I do not know about anything else in my life in any other aspect, but I do know that no one can take my children away from me and no one can tell me that I didn’t do a good job. Some days I feel like I could do more. “Here Logan, watch some cartoons, I need to clean, do homework, shower…” Before you know it Chloe is home and I feel that another day has washed away without me doing much with him. I always feel like I have to be the best I can be and take him on wild adventures and go spend money to have fun with him, but the moments where we get to use our imaginations together are some of the best moments that we can create.
There are days when I just want to crawl into a ball because I feel like I have not amounted to what I ever wanted, I have not completed what should have been done by this time in my age, that I have yet to make my own parents proud; BUT I have created two beautiful lives that help me retain my youth. I get to be a kid every once in a while, but I get to be a full time mom. I have an excuse to act like the ghosts are chasing after us at a playground filled with people, I get to act crazy because I broke my fake arm and my son has to fix it, I get to wear the construction goggles when we build something together just because I can, because it’s fun, because it makes them laugh. Their laugh is contagious, beautiful, and heartwarming. I do not think there could ever be a person who I love more than anything besides those two lives I created, except of course another part of me or two or three more J I am thankful to their dad for giving me two of the best gifts that God could ever give me. I am thankful for the moments I have with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment